Monday, November 3, 2014

CLS Romance: Coming Back

Like two lovers apart, sometime spending some time away from each other makes the heart grow fonder. You will know if it's love if after a long time, you see your love again, and those same feelings come rushing back and you fall in love all over again.

And I feel it.

Such it is with my CLS Romance project, I re-read the entire introduction and the love bug has bit me again. There is this separation I like to put between myself and a project, I get the entire book plotted out, I write a killer intro, and then I walk away - and it could be for weeks.

When I come back to it, if I feel those same feelings rushing back, I know the love is true and worthy, and I am ready to begin again. It has just happened with my CLS Romance book, and I have so many feelings and ideas I am absolutely swimming with excitement at pushing through with the next part of the story. until the end.

I need that time away. I came back and discovered new things I love about the book, and I found myself adding little this' and that's to the book, sprinkling in a dash here and there, and putting a whole new level of meaning and love on the book. It's how I express love for my work, tender care and deeper meanings, along with lavished attention and detail.

It is perspective, but it is also rediscovery.

I love romance, and I am coming up with guidelines and little rules for myself to keep the romance beautiful romance in my mind, and raising the heat and passion without going the erotic romance route. Not that I couldn't, of course, but I want this to be what it is, and I am getting a kick our of this being a straight romance book and playing by those rules. This is also teaching me more about erotic romance by not having those routes to explore, I must find different ways of expressing love and lust, along with showing the thoughts and passions of those involved.

I am fighting multiple perspectives as well, my mind is positively filled with writing PoVs of other major characters and how they see the world. I would just love to write these and go down those rich paths of discovery and background, but I must fight those urges to preserve focus.

This book is about focus in a way, discipline and careful crafting.

I see myself spending some cozy and quality time with this project in the coming weeks as all the possibilities come rushing back to me and fill my thoughts with the prospects of love and heartache, romance and choices, colorful lands and memorable characters.

I have fallen in love, again.

1 comment:

Freewrite Smart Typewriter

https://getfreewrite.com/products/freewrite-smart-typewriter-3rd-gen Well, thanks to this device, my five-year bout of writer's block is...