Monday, April 27, 2015

Future Projects!

I have a number of future projects lined up, so here is a preview of what is to come:

Collaboration with Darthaniel Black

OMG, this is an exciting one! Darthaniel is one of my close friends, and he is also a great writer. He has come up with an urban-fantasy series of his own, and he has asked me to collaborate on this as an editor and proofreader. I am helping out and he is working on getting the first of this series out very soon.

CLS Romance

Don't worry, my romance book is back on track and I will be working on finishing this one very soon. It took a back seat to some other projects, and it needed some resting time before I dove back in to finish the book. This is not the start of a series, just a fun one-book fling, and I want to set aside some quality time this summer to wrap this up. This one is interesting to me because I had it plotted out, I gave it time to rest, and when I get back to it the book may go in an entirely different direction. It needed this rest time, and I plan on picking this back up soon.

YA Horror?

On Black Wings has made a splash in the YA horror genre, and I would love to follow that up. I don't plan on doing a sequel, so a new book in the genre is looking interesting to me now. I am sitting here thinking up ideas and coming up with concepts, so there is nothing concrete yet, just daydreams and nightmares. It just goes to show you that you never know where you might end up, and to always try new things and branch out.

This genre speaks to me, it is incredibly dystopic and heartbreaking, yet it offers the greatest hope of redemption and rediscovery. Doing another book here is one of my dreams, and I expect to work on this dream very soon. It is less so me finding time to work on this as it is the project calling out and finding time for me.

Would I ever do a sequel for OBW? Never say never, a wise person once said.

Sci-Fi

I have always wanted to write a sci-fi book, and with some recent sci-fi movies being so thought-provoking, such as Interstellar, I would love to explore this genre. I have no plans, and this just remains a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freewrite Smart Typewriter

https://getfreewrite.com/products/freewrite-smart-typewriter-3rd-gen Well, thanks to this device, my five-year bout of writer's block is...