Tuesday, December 22, 2015

New Release: Cinderella Loves Snow White

She kissed me in my dreams.

We stood in a lake in the middle of the deepest woods, alone, sans clothes or secrets between us. Two women, our bodies bared to each other, our breasts free and full, wet from the lake, as drops of water glistened and sparkled on her skin and rolled off in dewy streams.

That I was so fascinated by another woman’s breasts surprised me, and I felt my breaths run short. She stared at me with pearly-blue eyes, as her hair shimmered with the black shine of a raven’s feather, and a body I could only dream of. Her body was perfect, sculpted and lithe, the peaks of her hipbones just above the water, and her skin dove down towards her sex as it caught the laps of the gentle waves between us.

A woman?

I dreamed of a woman.

A wet drop of water clung to her hardened nipple, and I wanted to touch it, to steal it off and bring it to my lips. It escaped my touch before I could reach for it, as my hand stopped short in the tense air between us.

In my most private times I dreamed of her.

In my most lonely moments she delivered me peace and comfort.

My secret?

Why, my secret?

Her eyes knew but they did not say.


Fantasy fairy-tale erotic romance captures my heart today, and now live in the store is book #1 of my CLS Romance Project, or aptly-titled Cinderella Loves Snow White. This is now available in the Amazon store and also on Kindle Unlimited, so you can check it our for free if you are a subscriber to that service.

So, why? I have always wanted to write romance, and while my alternate-ego Angel Black is deep in the middle of a swords and sorcery futanari epic, I wanted to stretch my wings and try something more conventional, yet unconventionally so. This started out as straight romance, but it acquired enough heat after I came back to place this in the erotic romance category, although the sex-to-pages quotient may not be as high if you are used to books that deliver sex in every chapter. Out of 32,000 words I have two-and-a-half erotic scenes, and the rest is pure story. The story is a mix of traditional romance and action-and-adventure, so it is a genre I love and true to my heart.

This is a book #1, because I needed this out. It sat for nearly a year uncompleted, and I came back to it early this month and finished this half of the story. I wanted this out to judge reader reaction, the end of this story has not yet been written, and I feel in some way this ending needs to come from the fans. I need feelings on this, and then I shall dive back in and bring the story to its end. I set a two-book limit for this story, and even put "1 of 2" on the cover to make that promise to readers. It feels like a two-book story now, and I don't want to lure readers along endlessly without a set limit.

Yes, if there is interest, the second book will be finished in a lot faster time than a year, trust me. I have fallen in love with this story, and ideas and endings are coming to me at this moment. It takes a little time though to finish something right, because I put a higher standard on myself because I am a reviewer. I'm not perfect though, but I like to think I am.

So, why fairy tales? Because it is about time we took them back. Go back and read the original Brothers Grimm tales, and you'll find that fairy tales were decidedly adult stories with mature themes. While I take nothing away from all the great work that writers and creators have done for these tales for younger audiences, I feel there is a wealth of material in the land of not-so "happily ever after" for these characters more suited for an older audience.

What happens to a Cinderella after her marriage to Prince Charming? What if she discovers her love for him may have been a little less true than she first assumed? What if another princess caught her eye, and set a fire in her heart? I know, there hasn't been too many fairy tales where princesses run off with other princesses, so this story has a unique and interesting angle to it that I feel is contemporary and worth exploring.

This world also has darkness, and same-sex relationships are not always the things of which fairy tale endings are made of. There is quite a bit of dealing and coping in this book with a troubled soul or two, and some admittedly dark places which define characters and their motivations. The world and certain places within are not so friendly to such an affair, and while this may be hurtful to some, it makes their love all the more tragic and special. Great romances are defined by the forces which stand against them and judge them, and in this case I wanted to capture a little fairy tale reality and some of the tragedy from history, from both medieval and our modern times.

There is humor, adventure, lust, betrayal, adultery, deception, and plenty of hurt to go around. Against that tide of war and darkness stands love, and someone who does not know who she is as a person. She must find herself, and she must deal with who she is and who she could be. In the end, this is a book about strength and love, and how two souls can overcome the darkness.

There is another part to this story, I know and I feel it. There is yet another tale here to be told. But for now, let me be your storyteller for a while, and take you once upon a time into a fantasy world where a single dream can turn everything on its head.

Cinderella Loves Snow White, book #1, now on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freewrite Smart Typewriter

https://getfreewrite.com/products/freewrite-smart-typewriter-3rd-gen Well, thanks to this device, my five-year bout of writer's block is...