Monday, June 15, 2015

SCL Project: Work Begins

I don't believe in shelving an idea, because they rot. You either start it fresh, or throw it away.

So over the weekend a new novel project hit me, and I dived in.

I started by making the cover, and it sang to me. I just started throwing together pieces of the sample images I could find and I built a mock-up that made me smile. I also came up with a title that absolutely rocks, it nails what the book is about and it encapsulates the plot of the book perfectly.

Once I had the cover, I started throwing around the ideas.

It took a while, I knew what I wanted the book to be about, and I knew the general plot. I mentioned this to Darthaniel, and he came up with a totally different plot he thought the book should be about. His ideas has a lot of merit, so I took them and mixed them with my ideas, and now the book is perfect.

The book is so fun, and it has things in it that people universally say they love in my writing. It also has characters familiar to some, so this should be a treat for my fans.

I do have a choice to make, and it's pretty big.

Mainstream or erotic-romance?

This is a big choice for many reasons, well two actually, so I am diving in and holding off my decision for as long as possible. Is the book strong enough to sail without the sex? It certainly is. Would it be really, really fun with some spicy scenes added? It would in fact, fit perfectly.

Now even with straight romance you have a lot of leeway in spicy content, and then you can go to erotic romance, and then straight erotica. I am not doing this as straight erotica since it is not entirely about sex, but it is set in a world where writing the sex out would feel artificial and sterilized.

So there will be sex in the book. How explicit this will be is going to have to be a decision I make. It will also be a very tough decision if I do what I am planning on doing with the narrative. This is my second agonizing choice, but one I know readers will love since I do it all the time. Just not in this way.

And I completed 4,000 words today in the first two chapters, and the story starts off with a bang.

And I shall keep writing until I have to make that choice.

I am still editing Vampy Black, and I hope to get that done and back to Darthaniel soon. But the idea struck me, and it carried through to an amazing start I am super happy with. I will share more when I get work done and things get towards release, but this is going to be a fun one.

For now, I shall call this the SCL project, and keep you updated with as much information as I can. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freewrite Smart Typewriter

https://getfreewrite.com/products/freewrite-smart-typewriter-3rd-gen Well, thanks to this device, my five-year bout of writer's block is...