Tuesday, June 16, 2015

SCL Project: 7,000 Words In...

Just a 'keeping it real' status update for my SCL Project, and I am 7,000 words into this. Oh my Goddess, I cannot believe how fun writing this book is for me.

I have gotten a lot of feedback about how I write, and this book is a result of what people said they like to see. It is also what I like to write, and I just feel so totally at-home writing in this style and on this subject.

To those of you that follow my reviews, the characters and style will be very familiar to you.

I have a couple major decisions coming up where I will need to make choices. One is on sexual content, how much and how graphic. There is another decision I will have to make that will require me to be very brave or very stupid and possibly both. I am saving making them until the last few words before I have to make them. The sexual content choice is coming up very quickly, within a chapter of where I am, and I shall see what I decide.

That second brave/stupid decision that comes later though, and I am agonizing over this. To be true to my vision, I need to go forward with how I envisioned this to be written. This means being brave/stupid and taking a huge chance. I guess I will get to this when I get to it, and I can put it off just a little longer.

I think what is fascinating to me about this project is that I am seeing a character I know from an entirely new side, and I am also meeting the people around this person. It is a fascinating world I knew little about or even explored in my reviews, and now I am getting to know this person a lot better through what he is going through. It is like 'knowing' someone online, and then the experience of meeting them in person.

Your perspective changes, and you start making opinions about them based on something other than a label or a simple statement of fact. In this case, I am really liking this character, and diving into this world with them is a fascinating and eye-opening experience. Someone you thought of as 'simple' is becoming wonderfully complex, and in that you start to realize things about yourself as well.

The story? Right out of a movie and I love it. It is one of those books you write and feel alive again, and I hope this comes across for readers as well.

More news soon, and the chase continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freewrite Smart Typewriter

https://getfreewrite.com/products/freewrite-smart-typewriter-3rd-gen Well, thanks to this device, my five-year bout of writer's block is...