Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740

With a new setup comes the need for a new keyboard, and I am trying out the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740 for a while.

I like this one because it mimics a more laptop feel, instead of the big, high mechanical keys of my old (gamer) keyboard, this one is flatter, with a crisper feel and a shorter stroke to the keys. I type really well on the Mac keyboards, and I wanted one that has that same feel, but with a tad bit more travel to the keys, but not too much.

I love the feel of mechanical keys, but the sound does get to be a bit much, especially if one is on Skype or voice chat with friends.

This is wired and backlit, two must-haves, and the spacing is a bit wide, but I am sure I will get used to it and be flying along soon. It feels good, and it also types good, so I expect to be back up to my normal non-dictation speed very soon.

At least I won't be missing capital letters. Sometimes with really high and soft keys, you won't get a full press, and you will leave an error trailing off in your wake. You know how that goes.

Overall, this feels heavy and flat, which I like, since again this has that laptop feel I wanted for a workstation keyboard. The letters are also very clear and almost large-type, so they are highly noticeable and recognizable right off. This one also has a very large oversized delete key that reminds me of the old IBM keyboards, one you can pinky over and whack to wipe out things which do not please you. Nice touch.

I will let you know how this goes in the next couple weeks, and give you a feel for how writing with this keyboard is for me. Until then, I'll see you between the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freewrite Smart Typewriter

https://getfreewrite.com/products/freewrite-smart-typewriter-3rd-gen Well, thanks to this device, my five-year bout of writer's block is...