Tuesday, December 15, 2015

CLS Romance: 28,000 Words, Book #1, Final Draft

I have had my CLS Romance Project book in the works for about 2 years, and I have finished it as a book #1. I was 17,000 words in when I picked it up last week, and now I am 28,000 words done and on my final draft. I am in final editing now.

It has sat a while. I needed to do some soul searching on where it was going to go. I had to throw out my plans and let the wind take me here, and I am happier that I have. Some projects take time, and when you revisit them, they come to life in surprising ways.

I am also putting this out as a book #1, and letting readers tell me if they want me to see a book #2 (and how fast they want to see it). I want this out and in readers' hands. How they react will determine a lot, if there will be a second book, where the story goes, and I need to judge reaction before I commit another 30K to finish this story. I know some may want this as a self-contained book, but I am making a choice to get this out, get feedback, or not have anything out at all.

This is a tough choice for me, since I like to stick to my plans, and I also like to finish things. Part of me wants to see reader reactions, because I have torn up all my plans, and I will be finishing this with the fans of it in mind. I would rather put out a book #1 with what I got than to have it sit and languish.

It is romance with a good bit of heat, I am wary to call it erotic romance since the sex plays a part, but not centrally so to the plot. It is more lesbian fantasy romance if you were to pin it down. It did end up hotter than I expected, and there are a pair of scenes in there that blister, but this isn't a book that seeks to get you from one sex scene to the next. There is a story here which is more important, and things which happen that need to happen.

Again, this may go a different direction based on what readers want to see. More fantasy? More heat? More romance? Right now, I have this balanced pretty well, and it feels wonderful to me. The ending of book #1 too is very nice, and I am happy with how this went.

So I am close, and in editing work again. This one will be released under my name as well and not Angel Black's, so it is a more normal type of book for readers that love my style. Angel gets to do all the fringe kinky stuff, and my releases tend to be more mainstream. Still fun and hot, but I like to keep my fans happy with distinct identities.

More soon, and I hope you will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freewrite Smart Typewriter

https://getfreewrite.com/products/freewrite-smart-typewriter-3rd-gen Well, thanks to this device, my five-year bout of writer's block is...