Saturday, October 18, 2014

CLS Romance Project: 2,300 Words Done!

Progress report!

The first three scenes of  my new romance novel are done, and I am 2,300 beautiful words into this project. Oh my, I hit a very hot scene early, and some very emotional and soul-searching parts. This one turned out a lot better than I ever imagined it would have! I am so stoked about this beginning, it just sings to me and I love the setup and first couple characters.

It just snaps and sings, and the dialog is just so beautiful and poignant. It is one of those 'binge writing' projects you stumble into, where the situation and the characters take over your life and that is all you think, eat, and dream about?

Yes, part of writing is becoming so infatuated with the little worlds you create you live in them in your head constantly. I am all this now, and it is so hard to pull myself away from my computer to do anything else.

It is that 'promise of unbounded situation' that I love, and knowing the book can go anywhere I dream.

And do I have dreams.

And I have managed to do my first scorching hot scene and not get into the explicit stuff, and it worked very, very well. I could have went there, but the scene just worked so much better without it, and I feel it is actually hotter without having to write those parts. It's odd but true, and I find leaving enough sexy detail in there to get the reader's mind going is a lot more hotter and desire inducing than actually 'going there' and doing the blow-by-blow explicit stuff.

I love it, and it does take a lot of skill to pull off well without feeling cold or boring people. We become the writers we need to be as we write in different genres. I still like the steamier side, I am finding it a challenge to make this even more steamy while placing the erotic parts in the reader's minds and not on the page.

Challenge accepted, and I love it.

There is a theme shared here with my previous book, On Black Wings, and it shocked me when it came out. Of course, that is a deeply moody book, and I want this one to be lighthearted and fun, but it is a fun little link in the chain between my works - a subconscious similarity that made me smile. See if you can find it!

So lots of fun progress, and I'm addicted to my work again, which is always a rush and a great feeling. Tomorrow I am back at it, and working on the next exciting part.

Yes, I am on a total 'writer's high' right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freewrite Smart Typewriter

https://getfreewrite.com/products/freewrite-smart-typewriter-3rd-gen Well, thanks to this device, my five-year bout of writer's block is...