Friday, October 17, 2014

Planning a New Book - Romance!

Oh yes, the fires have been lit, and I am in the planning stage of a new book. This time, I want to tackle romance. Why romance? I don't know, I do what I want to. I seriously do not want to be pegged into one place, I love writing free and being free.

I know, I know, I'll change my tune ones I'm a bestseller in a category and that one thing is all I'll do.

So romance! Not erotic romance either, just fun, be still my beating heart, bodice ripping, and tear-inducing romance. Well, maybe there will be a little heat, or a lot. I'm thinking the latter. There is a way to write romance that is extremely hot without being overtly erotic, remember, there are some unwritten rules here between romance and erotic romance that have to deal with subject matter and tone. I am looking forward to exploring those and sharing the differences with you.

There will be a twist to this to make it fun and interesting, so do not expect anything normal coming from my keyboard. Several twists in fact. It will be fun, trust me, and it will be a little more lighthearted than our dark and brooding debut paranormal horror novel sitting over there on the sidebar. Several eye-catching and twisty twists shall make this a very fun novel indeed.

Romance can be fun, it can be very emotional, it can be hot, and it can have a kick to it that makes it emotionally satisfying and highly dramatic. I just want to do it my way and have some fun, so we will see what I will come up with.

I have a beautiful cover done for it, and a title.

Oh yes, that's how I roll - cover and title first. What I write has to be true to what's on the cover, the characters, the feelings, the look, and the emotion. Having a cover done also gives me an investment in getting it done, because I can open it up and look at it every day until it is time to hit the "submit" button on Amazon and send it to you.

No, I'm not ready to share. Not yet!

I have it all plotted too, with the major backstories laid out. Romance needs a lot more in terms of prep-work, you do not have easy filler, and character and background become very, very important. I will still probably be doing prep-work for a week or so until I am happy I have enough to pull from to get it going and keep me going.

I want this one to have some heat to it as well, but tasteful and sultry heat. It will be a little bit more mature, but I want it to sizzle without having to cross the line to where the story is driven by sex-as-plot. It will be driven by lust, and then most likely love, and I want room to explore that. There is a lot of fun to be had with love and lust, and I feel without such a heavy sexual burden there will be more room to play and have fun with the concept.

It will be hot though, most teasingly so.

And twistedly delicious.

I love writing, and I love being different. I don't ever want to walk the predictable road, and I want what I do to break genres and stereotypes. I'm just doing what I love, sharing, and creating little stories to share with you. What I try to do is say 'don't be afraid to be different' and also 'to be true to yourself' - that is what is important.

Do what you love. Write what lights your fires.

Be unique. Live!

And love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freewrite Smart Typewriter

https://getfreewrite.com/products/freewrite-smart-typewriter-3rd-gen Well, thanks to this device, my five-year bout of writer's block is...